Friday, April 3, 2009

Ottobre Hairstyling

A sneak peek at OTTOBRE Summer issue 3/2009

Fashion involves a lot more than just clothes and accessories. Hairstyling is can be great fun, and children too regard it as an important part of their overall appearance. Little girls love to play hairdressers, brushing each other’s hair and attaching hairpins and ribbons – just like in a real hair salon. Boys want to have a dab of gel on their hair to be able to twist it up in David Beckham style.







Lovely hair decorations for special occasions can be quickly and easily created from leftover dress fabric. We cut out butterflies and flowers from patterned fabric and ironed pieces of double-sided fusible web (Vlieseline® Vliesofix) onto their reverse side. After that we fused pieces cut from a more subdued area of the fabric to the reverse side. And then we just cut the shapes out along their outlines and attached them to the children’s hair with hairpins.

Dress and tablecloth fabric from Hilco’s summer 2009 collection.

10 comments:

Alenchino said...

It looks great. But its a pity I cannot buy any vliseline products here in Czech Rep. I´d love to use this double-sided fusible web.:(

OTTOBRE staff said...

Hi Alenchino

If you wish you can mail us and order a piece of it from our Ottobre shop.

OTTOBRE team

Unknown said...

Cute kids, cool hairstyles and fun clothing. I showed my 4 year girl the hair decorations and she just loves it.

Mel said...

I love the little boys outfit, that tie is so cheerful. My son would love his hair. The hair accessories are cute, and on my list of things to make right now. Cute flutter sleeves.

Tiffany said...

Just a suggestion for a future blog post but I would love to hear some ideas for organizing pattern piece tracings we make with Ottobre!

Kelley said...

Love the hair pretties idea!!

Gilly said...

These look stunning and I cant wait to get my next magazine!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the sneak peaks!! The children are adorable. I love their hairstyles and their outfits. Although I have been very busy sewing things from the spring issue, I can't wait to receive the summer issue! Ivy from Maine, USA

wholesale kids clothing said...

Oh! such a cool and very nice hair style of those two kids there. i love the way they wear their clothes. they looks very attractive and presentable. thanks for sharing this. keep it up!

-altheya-

Trisha said...

Too bad Hilco doesn't have an online shop. All we can access is the storefront photograph. I would love to have the opportunity to purchase some of their items, as would several of my American friends.